Across three major manufacturing locations in Northern Ireland, Italy and the Netherlands, quality Hyster® trucks, from warehouse equipment to container handlers, are being made in Europe.
Hyster® Company uses global expertise and resources to ensure that all components are produced and all trucks are assembled to the same worldwide quality standards. While each site across Europe uses specialist expertise to produce different types of truck, all use outstanding manufacturing technology and state of the art processes to ensure that quality is built-in whenever you buy a Hyster® truck in Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
For example, Demand Flow Technology (DFT) provides the ability to produce any model, any day, based on customer demand. As opposed to checking quality at the end of the truck build, with DFT, quality checks form an integral part of the assembly process, driving built-in quality.
The award winning plant in Craigavon, south-west of Belfast, is the largest counterbalanced forklift truck factory in the UK spanning 41,300 square metres and is the European source for all Hyster® branded:
- Electric counterbalanced forklift trucks – The three wheeled A1.3-1.5XNT and J1.5-2.0XNT, and the four wheeled J1.6-2.0XN, J2.2-3.5XN and J4.0-5.5XN
- ICE counterbalanced forklift trucks (pneumatic tyred) –The H1.6-2.0FTS, H2.0-3.5FT, H4.0-5.5FT, ideal for the most demanding applications. Also, the recently introduced H2.0-3.0XT series, built with the same quality approach, offering excellent value for standard everyday handling operations.
In Masate, close to Milan, is a 35,000 square metre factory where Hyster® warehouse products are manufactured. This is another award winning plant that builds the following machines under strict quality controls:
- Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) Machines – 0-1.5
- Reach Trucks – 4-2.5
- Order Pickers – The low level 0-2.5 and medium and high K1.0L / M / H
- Powered Pallet Trucks –The pedestrian pallet trucks P1.6-2.2 and 5-3.0, the shelf stocker P2.0HL, the rider pallet trucks RP2.0-2.5N, the platform double stacker P2.0SD and the platform pallet trucks P2.0S and P2.0SE.
- Tow Tractors – 0T
- Pallet Stackers –The pedestrian stacker S1.0E and S1.0-1.6, the platform stackers 5S-IL-SL, the rider stackers RS1.2-1.5 and the counterbalanced stackers S1.0-1.5C.
The first Hyster® manufacturing operation outside the US was opened in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, in 1952. Today, this award winning and environmentally friendly plant employs state of the art processes to produce:
- Forklifts from 6-48 tonnes – 0-7.0FT, H8.0-9.0FT, H8-16XM-6, H16-18XM-7.5-9-12, H18-20XM(S)-9, H25-32XM(S) and H36-48XM(S)-12
- Laden Container Handlers – H28-52XM-16CH
- Empty Container Handlers – H6XM-12EC3-H7XM-12EC4 and H18-23XM-12EC
- ReachStackers – RS45 and RS46
For more information on the wide range of Hyster® forklift trucks, Hyster® container handlers and Hyster® warehouse trucks, visit www.hyster.eu.
Note. In rare cases, trucks are manufactured in other parts of the world for use in Europe, Middle East and Africa.