At the Hyster® HUB in October 2016, fire protection experts DAFO demonstrated an Automatic Fire Extinguisher System which can be fitted to any Hyster Big Truck, including ReachStackers, Empty Container Handlers and High Capacity Forklifts.
The DAFO system is suited to customers running heavy duty operations, often on a 24/7 basis, where events could occasionally lead to a truck being subject to the risk of fire. Typically starting in engine compartments, vehicle fires spread quickly and can be hard to extinguish. To overcome this challenge, Hyster offers a tested and certified DAFO fire suppression system which is designed to perform rapidly under all conditions.
How it works
- The fire detection line is positioned across engine and hydraulic compartment ‘hot’spots, like the engine turbo
- An operator display shows actual system status. In case of fire, the operator is warned with visual and acoustic signals
- The system is activated automatically (fire detection) or manually with a switch in the cabin or outside of the truck
- The liquid non-corrosive “Forrex” agent extinguishes fire and prevents re-ignition
- The spray nozzles are located at optimal positions in the engine bay for maximum effectiveness
The DAFO system is offered by Hyster to meet the latest international regulations. Please contact the Hyster Big Truck Sales team or your local Hyster Dealer for more information about compliance in your area.
For more information on Hyster® Big Trucks visit www.hyster.eu .