The right choice of container handling truck is essential for productivity and profitability in demanding inland terminals. Stability, toughness, ease of service and maintenance and total cost of ownership are all important considerations when specifying an empty container handler, but to achieve optimum efficiency, operations must also consider how well the truck caters to the needs of the driver.
Here are 10 of the ways that the Hyster® H8XM-EC6 – H11XM-ECD9 Empty Container Handler series can help keep drivers efficient.
- Double reefer handling – with the ability to handle two containers at a time, even units with refrigerators on the same side, drivers can achieve more in less time. As the same truck is capable of both single and double container handling, drivers can get on with any job without the need to plan around the equipment available. This also helps operations drive down the cost per container moved.
- Tough mast – the new Hyster® Empty Container Handler includes a redesigned mast to accommodate the heavier weights and offset loading. As well as lowering stresses on the truck and increasing service lift, the durable truck provides performance that the operator can rely on to get the job done.
- Power and speed – the Empty Container Handler features the same reliable and efficient Cummins Stage IV QSB 6.7 engine as in previous models. This enables drivers to benefit from power and speed in every lift.
- Visibility – the operator cabin, open mast design, and smart placement of components have been developed with visibility in mind. Not only does this increase comfort for the operator, but with enhanced visibility, drivers can operate more efficiently.
- Special cabins – where even greater visibility will benefit operational efficiency, the Hyster® truck provides cabin options to support drivers. One optional cabin tilts back 10° at higher lifts to make looking up easier, while a 1000mm / 40” raised cabin option improves visibility when the container is at driving height.
- ‘Reefer correction’ features – to make accurate handling easier for drivers are not an add on. The Hyster® truck includes ‘reefer correction’ sideshift as standard, helping to keep every movement smooth and efficient.
- Positioning features – powered pile slope and auto throttle-up are just a couple of the features that allow for safe, accurate and smooth positioning of containers. This helps drivers to work as productively as possible, even when stacking up to 9 high.
- Spreader control – an optional auto extend-retract feature, assists operators by enabling them to adjust the container spreader to a 20ft or 40ft container size at the simple touch of a button.
- Hydrodynamic transmission – with greater control, driver efficiency can be improved. The Hyster® Empty Container Handler provides the operator with superb control when approaching loads with smooth shifting and full-electronic inching thanks to the 5-speed forward / 3-speed reverse, hydrodynamic transmission by ZF.
- Operator comfort – A comfortable operator is more productive. In this Hyster® truck, the operator finds their best position with seat and steering column adjustment and can easily check and adjust truck parameters with the digital display. Control is simple and ergonomic with the multifunction joystick.
To find out more contact your local Hyster® dealership for or visit www.hyster.eu.